Nurses work as a doctor's hands, eyes and ears. Without competent nurses, hospitals would not be able to provide the life-saving services they do. When a nurse fails in his or her duty, the outcome can be catastrophic for the patient.
At the law firm of Hampton & King in Houston, we prosecute cases of nurse negligence or malpractice. If you or a loved one has been injured due to something a nurse did or failed to do, our attorneys offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
What Is Nursing Malpractice?
Like doctors, nurses have an obligation to meet the standard of care for their profession. If a nurse fails to do so and injury occurs, the nurse may be guilty of malpractice.
The following are examples of nursing malpractice:
- Medication errors, such as administering the wrong drug, the wrong dose of a drug, the right drug at the wrong time or wrong avenue, or failure to administer a drug
- Failure to monitor vital signs
- Failure to monitor a fetal heart monitor
- Failed physician-nurse communication
- Failure to respond to a patient emergency
- Failure to assist a patient
Our lawyers will obtain and carefully analyze the medical records and consult with experts in the nursing field. To successfully prosecute a nursing negligence case, it is necessary to show that the nurse failed to meet the standard of care and that this failure was the cause of your injury.
To discuss nursing malpractice with one of our lawyers, call the Houston office of Hampton & King at 713-574-8660. You can also send us an email.