866-635-0811 (Toll Free)
Hartley Hampton, a partner with Fibich, Hampton, & Leebron L.L.P., is board certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Hampton is past president of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, past president of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association, past president of the Houston Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, and a member the International Society of Barristers.
Mr. Hampton's peers have voted Hartley a "Texas Super Lawyer," an honor that places him in the top 5% of attorneys in the state, every year that the list has been featured in Texas Monthly. He has also been selected by his peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America (Copyright Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C.).
He was editor of the Houston Lawyer in 1986, and was an adjunct professor at South Texas College of Law in 1980 and 1981.
He is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court and the U.S. district courts for the southern, eastern, western districts of Texas, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Mr. Hampton is rated AV Peer Review Rated* through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating for legal ability and ethics.
Areas of Practice:
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Catastrophic Injury
- Brain Injuries
- Medical Products & Devices
- Civil Trial Practice
- Complex Litigation
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Sexual Abuse -- Plaintiff
- Legal Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Drugs & Medical Devices
- Litigation & Appeals
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Bar Admissions:
- Texas, 1977
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, 1977
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas, 1972
- Published Works:
- Hampton, Schick & McGehee's Texas Civil Practice And Remedies Code Annotated, (Co-Author), Thompson-West, 2005
- Editor, Houston Lawyer
- Classes/Seminars Taught:
- Lecturer, Product Liability, South Texas College of Law, 1980 - 1981