866-635-0811 (Toll Free)
Hartley Hampton, the managing partner of Hartley Hampton, P.C., is board certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Hampton is past president of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, past president of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association, past president of the Houston Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, and a member the International Society of Barristers.
Hartley Hampton has been selected as a Super Lawyer in Medical Malpractice every year from 2003, the year that Thomson Reuters began selecting Super Lawyers, until 2014. He has been listed in the Best Lawyers in America and The Best Lawyers in Texas, Medical Malpractice (U.S. News & World Report L.P., Copyright Woodward/White, Inc. of Aiken S.C.) every year from 2007 to 2014.
He was editor of the Houston Lawyer in 1986, and was an adjunct professor at South Texas College of Law in 1980 and 1981.
He is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court and the U.S. district courts for the southern, eastern, western districts of Texas, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Mr. Hampton is rated AV Peer Review Rated* through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating for legal ability and ethics.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Texas, 1977
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court
University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1977
University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. - 1972
- Co-Author, Hampton, Schick & McGehee's Texas Civil Practice And Remedies Code Annotated, Thompson-West, 2005
- Editor, Houston Lawyer
- Lecturer, Product Liability, South Texas College of Law, 1980 - 1981
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers 2003 -2012 (A Thomson Reuters service)
- Best Lawyers in America, Medical Malpractice, 2008-2014 (U.S. News & World Report L.P., Copyright Woodward/White, Inc. of Aiken S.C.)
- AV Peer Review Rated* through Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Houston Chapter, Past President
- International Society of Barristers
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Past President